Theatre in the Grove announces auditions for Hand to God, directed by Dorinda Toner.
December 5th & 6th at 7 p.m.
Auditions are at Theatre in the Grove, 2028 Pacific Ave., Forest Grove OR 97116
- No appointments necessary.
- All roles OPEN. BIPOC actors, and actors of all multivariate diversities encouraged to audition.
- Auditions will consist of cold reads from the script.
- Callbacks, if needed, are at the discretion of the Director.
- All roles are volunteer.
- All cast and crew must be vaccinated at the time of audition.
- Performance dates are January 27-February 12th, at 7:30 p.m. on Friday & Saturday evenings and 2:30 p.m. on Sundays.
- Background checks will be conducted for those involved with the production.
- For more information please contact Dorinda Toner at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About the play
In the tiny, conservative town of Cypress, Texas, the shy, mild-mannered Jason is just trying to be a good son. When he joins his mother Margery’s Christian Puppet Ministry at the local church, Jason discovers a burgeoning talent for puppetry, and it seems like things after his father’s sudden death might just turn out okay. Tyrone the puppet, though, has other plans. As the foul-mouthed, independent, and devilishly funny Tyrone grows in strength, Jason’s complex relationships with the school bully, the girl-next-door, and most importantly, his mother, are thrown into upheaval. An irreverent, occasionally shocking, and perpetually hysterical romp to hell and back, Hand To God’s exploration of the ideas of faith, morality, and human nature will leave you aching with laughter.
- Jessica: 18+ to play 17
- Timothy: 18+ to play 17
- Pastor Greg: Male, 40-50s
- Jason: 18+ to play 17; Expert puppetry skills and character voices required.
- Margery: 40-50s